Friday, February 25, 2011

Studying Abroad at O'Hare

Here I am in the O'Hare airport and it's getting close to 2 am! My friend Drew and I have been here since 9 pm (Friday)... we set up camp outside of security - we can't check in until 3:30 am. I'm so tired but there's no comfortable place to sleep! Hoping I can catch some Z's on the plane to Ft. Lauderdale (where we have a 4 hour layover!) We are arriving in Lima around 8 pm tomorrow... or wait, TODAY! I've been on a roller coaster of emotions - tired, excited, inpatient, excited, sad, excited, uncomfortable, excited... but the excited part is definitely starting to overpower the rest. The actual travel part may suck but at least after the 26 hour journey I will finally be in Lima, Peru - a place I've been wanting to go for the last year and a half. I'm so excited to see the city for the first time and get settled into my own room at La Escuela - and I'm sure  have the most anticipated night of sleep ever.  The reality of it hasn't set in yet but I'm sure it will soon! Adios, America!!

Querer es poder - to want is to be able

No comments:

Post a Comment