Friday, February 11, 2011

15 days!

Wow, I leave so soon! Made a packing list the other day... oh boy. How am I supposed to fit 5 months worth of things into one suitcase? Worst part is that on February 1st the airline I'm flying with changed the 50 pound checked baggage limit to FORTY. Seriously? Ten pounds is a lot of stuff.

This below zero weather has made me soo excited for the 80 degree weather every single day in Lima. Partly cloudy is much better than blizzarding with 19 inches of snow! And with the lowest low at night being around 67 degrees... ah, so excited.

I bought a DSLR camera yesterday finally! The Nikon d3100. So excited to start using it, but I haven't found any especially interesting things to photograph with it being so dreary all the time outside. Did I mention how excited I am for 80 degree weather?

I leave 2 weeks from tomorrow from Chicago O'Hare - I don't think I've ever been so excited and nervous at the same time! Getting used to speaking only Spanish might be a tough transition but it will totally be worth it in the end when I'm (hopefully) fluent.

LOVE this Spanish proverb:


A beber y a tragar, que el mundo se va a acabar.


(Kind of the equivalent to Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die)

No comments:

Post a Comment