Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Going Away Fiesta!

My Mom threw me a going away party on Sunday and it was a BLAST! This week is filled with final goodbyes before my big adventure... My friend Drew Lynde and I are leaving from the Chicago airport at 5 am on Saturday morning but unfortunately nobody wants to take us to the airport at 2 in the morning so we have to take the bus and get there super early! Oh well, we're going to watch some movies in Spanish and I'll probably have lots to do in that time anyways. 

I'm getting really excited!! We've made arrangements to be picked up from the airport by a taxi service that will take us to La Escuela, the place we're living. It is an international student housing dorm - people from all over the world live there who are going to school in Lima! Including 4 or 5 people from my UW program. I  have my own room (with my own bathroom!) for only $195 a month - wayyyy cheaper than anything I would ever find in the USA! 

I'll start packing today, oh jeez what to bring. I've gotten a lot of new shorts and summer clothes in preparation for the daily 81 degree weather :) Can't wait to get out of this slushy mess of Wisconsin! 

Sticks, me, Nick, and Logan at the going away party!

Georgie, me, Auntie Phyllis, Megan, and Grams :)

No comments:

Post a Comment