Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Felicidad

I have been feeling especially happy the last 20 or so hours - when I got out of class at 6 last night there was a very strange fog outside and it was so cold! I think I accidentally brought a little of Wisconsin weather here... It was actually a nice change from being so warm all the time and I was excited to actually put on a sweatshirt for one of the first times since I've been here. 


I went to an aerobics class last night with a few people from the house - I had tried it last Friday night and really liked it so I bought a month pass for 40 soles. The instructor is really funny and all of the Peruvian ladies in the class with us are very nice. It's nice because it's in a gym literally right next to Kusi Wasi and a lot of us like the class! 


After the work out Laurie, Kris, Andre, and I went to Barranco to the bar "La Noche" to see a jazz/blues band - so fun! I love live music and this band, "Blues Unlimited," was especially cheery and upbeat. It put me in such a good mood that carried onto today! 


I only had one class today, Human Development, where we talked about fetal development and watched some great National Geographic videos on developing babies - so interesting and of course right up my ally. (I am planning on becoming a Nurse Midwife for those of you who didn't know)


After class I was sitting on the grass doing some reading when a deer came up and started licking my hand. When I started to laugh it was taken aback and looked offended and glared at me! Which of course made me laugh even more. 


I came home to a card from Auntie Phyllis - thank you so much!! Getting mail here is so exciting :) 


Then, the happiest event of all happened - Juan, a boyfriend of a friend, is a surgeon here in Lima and invited me to go observe a scheduled C section tonight! I am SO excited to finally be able to see a real live birth. It's tonight at 7 and I can't focus enough to study because it's all I'm thinking about!


My face hurts from smiling and I can only hope more happy and exciting events will occur - I'm truly loving life right now!


In case any of you wanted to make another one of my days... ;)


Emily Welch
Jirón Marte 776
Cercado de Lima
Urbanización La Luz
Lima 21 Peru


No comments:

Post a Comment