Sunday, May 15, 2011

Excitement!

Although I haven't gone on any crazy adventures lately, there has been a lot of excitement in the air. First off, I got accepted to UW Nursing School! I'm so relieved to have finally heard after waiting months. My mom opened the letter for me over skype and I popped a bottle of champagne almost immediately. It's also my birthday this week! I turn 21 on Friday - if you had asked me a few years ago where I'd be on my 21st birthday, Peru probably would have been my last answer. It will be weird to spend a birthday without my mom (we have the same birthday) for the first time in my whole life! I'm going to be celebrating it in Cusco with Drew (!) and 6 of my friends. We'll be headed up to Machu Picchu on Saturday (google it if by some chance you haven't heard of it) and I'm so excited! It will be nice to spend my birthday with my friends and boyfriend in such a cool place. As for the Kusi Wasi people who aren't going to Cusco with me, we're celebrating on Wednesday night. Margarita is going to make me some type of cake with strawberries, should be interesting! I absolutely can't wait for Drew to get here in 49 hours (not like I'm counting) to show him everything I've been doing 4,000 miles away from home...

No comments:

Post a Comment